Growing vegetables

I have been noticing that my organic waste is far exceeding my solid food waste and that is a very good thing. We really didn't plan for it but in an effort to try and save money we have been shopping at the local farmers market a lot more and buying little or no processed food. I mean there is not a can of anything in my cupboard. 
So we stated throwing seeds outside and they started to grow. So  I got to thinking, what if we actually made an effort to plant stuff so we wouldn't have to buy? 
Most the most we have so far are Watermelons, pineapples and Callaloo. 
The papaya seeds germinate pretty easily but will take about 2 years to grow. 
Share your thoughts cause I'm really going to try and grow my own stuff.

2 comments:

  1. I love growing my own plants. I usually plan a big garden and then don't have all the time for it or nothing grows. We had pumpkins growing in a compost bin one year because we thought the seeds were dead. I like your idea of just throwing the seeds and seeing what will grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Ive seen a few more melons growing. Guess it was just a matter of time.

      Delete